Peninsula Special Interest Lions Club Charities, Inc, and the Global Initiative for Health and Wellness aided Hospitals, Nursing homes, Shelters, Senior Centers, Children, Individuals during COVID-19
From March 13th to July 22, 2020
- Donated $500,000. Of PPE for 7 San Francisco and Peninsula Hospitals
- Donated 300 surgical gowns to Samaritan House and 50 children’s back packs
- Donated 3 million pounds of food to shelters, dining rooms, food disbursement centers, veterans. Thanks to our 18 generous farmers.
- Donated surgical gowns and masks to 8 nursing homes. Thank you Supatra.
- Donated gowns and gloves and masks to other Lions clubs for their health care workers.
- Donated gloves and masks and gowns to 3 Recovery homes.
- Donated masks to 6 Veteran Facilities. Thank you, Kathie Heap.
- Donated testing kits to Dr. August Valera
- Helped FEMA deliver 5000 masks to different locations.
Donations were made to hundreds of individuals that came by asking for help. Many more donations were made too numerous to list.
It is important to note that we do not work alone we have many partners and community groups that help us do our service work including the Foster City Chamber of Commerce who are champions of Businesses, Non-Profits and the community at large. They bring us all together to allow us to serve a greater need.
The GIHW also donated Nationally and Internationally
- New York
Our intention is to keep helping all especially the underserved where we can. Will you help us by donating to the area of your choice and we will make it so. Help us help those who cannot help themselves or others unless we all do it together.